A few months back I posted some pictures of a captured KV-1 I painted in German mid-war colours. Last spring I purchased 8 KV-1s and KV-2s from Zvezda. The idea was to paint them and sell them. That didn’t really happen though. It is all working out though as the models are giving me a chance to try lots of different things. I painted these two KV-1s in a classic Russian green colour to fit with any Soviet company that can take them. I used colour modulation and panel highlighting with the airbrush to paint them with a lot of contrast.
Monday, March 16, 2015
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Before Gottacon I was feverishly painting to finish this platoon. I finally completed them at 11:30pm the night before the tournament. The biggest challenge with this platoon was to take my time to paint them to the same quality as the rest of the infantry as it was quite tempting to rush them to finish in time. Until the final evening I wasn’t sure if I would actually finish them on time. Fortunately, they were completed in time for the tournament. Read on for more pictures of this platoon.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
The end of February saw the conclusion of the Six Month Mountain Reduction Painting Challenge. I met some of my goals and not others. I reduced the old lead (well, plastic, metal and resin) mountain and minimized my new purchases. I followed some new blogs and got some significant painting done. Read on after the jump for some pictures of the finished models and a summary of the challenge.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
This weekend was the Gottacon gaming convention in sunny Victoria, BC, Canada. I attended to play in the Flames of War tournament. Gottacon is a fairly large and diverse convention that has grown out of a very small local event. I won’t talk about the full breadth of the convention here. I’ll share my games and experiences from the Flames of War tournament.
Sunday, February 22, 2015
With one week to go it is time for an update on the Panzergrenadier company I am trying to finish for Gottacon. I posted my proposed list and painting chart back in December. Since then I have slowly been working on the company. In the last week I have been painting furiously to try and get it finished for Gottacon. In this post I’ll show some pictures of the finished and in progress models.
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
In this post I will show some pictures of two winter camouflage Jagdtigers for Flames of War. These Jagdtigers accompany the two green Jagdtigers I posted last week. The Jagdtigers were painted as part of a five model Jagdtiger commission. In this blog post I’ll also briefly discuss the role of Jagdtigers in Bridge at Remagen and their effect on the meta.
Friday, January 30, 2015
These two Jagdtigers are the first of a set of five Jagdtigers I painted as part of a commission. This project was a bit of a slow burn. The unique patterns on them took me a bit longer than usual to plan out. The Jagdtiger is a pretty impressive model and was fun to paint. These models were painted for a client for a Jagdtiger list from the Bridge at Remagen book for Flames of War.