Saturday, September 10, 2011

Industrial terrain WIP

WIP shot off the new terrain piece.

Just a quick little update. I've been working on the boards a bit more. They are on hold now until I get some more granny grating to complete some sections. Not sure at the moment if I should hold off and paint all four sections together or do them two at a time.

In the meantime I have been working on a little bit of terrain.

The first piece was a WIP from months ago. I didn't get a chance to paint it as I was gone for 6 months. I touched it up a bit, glued the pieces down better, and added some more cover. It is now ready to paint!



I tried to build it with a bit of cover and some access to different levels to make it playable.

My favourite part is the strange broken tubes with electrical wires and things coming out of them.

The second piece is based on a $3 metal pencil holder I found at the dollar store. I got a little carried away adding details to a simple piece, but I am hoping it is quite playable. The big tank is a dental floss container, the pipes are copper connectors, the blue containers are mint containers. The plasticard is from a beware of dog sign. The balsa warped a lot on the main structure, so it looks a bit ramshackle. I'm planning to paint these mostly in a rust color scheme with some tanks and things with different colors for a little contrast.



Tonight I am planning to give them a basecoat of textured matte brown spray paint. Then hopefully I can get them painted up and completed around mid week.

1 comment:

  1. oh man i gotta hit up the dollar store. you have a good eye for form and composition.

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...