Thursday, November 10, 2011

Death Guard test models

I painted two death guard test models to see how my intended color scheme worked. For most of the basics I used Les' airbrush tutorial at awesomepaintjob.com (Thanks Les!). I used secret weapon weathering rust weathering powders to do the rust.


I am not quite sure if I am happy with the rust. The ended up looking pretty red. I think it looks a bit unrealistic. Comments, tips, and criticisms appreciated!


Airbrush only to this step.
I also finished the conversions on two more renegades. I decided to try adding some hoods. Some worked better than others.


2 comments:

  1. Are you using the rules in Imperial Armour 7, the Nurgle Renegade list? I've been going to make an army for that list, but it is a lot of work and I have a lot of other projects started that need finishing...

    I hope to get back painting in the new year, but my life is extremely unsettled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just planning to use the Chaos Space Marines codex. By the time this army nears completion I expect that the new Chaos Legions book will be out. So I'm hoping to build a force that will work decently with the new codex and edition.

    I haven't seen the nurgle renegade list. I'll have to take a look at it. Good luck with your renegade force!

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...