Friday, February 10, 2012

Renegade psyker conversion

I started converting a renegade psyker to add to my imperial renegades squad. The model is based off of the High Elf Island of Blood sorcerer and the Warriors of Chaos Sorcerer on the manticore.


I'm not really sold on the chains. I think I will take them off and sculpt a tabard from greenstuff.


I used a paper clip to mount him over the base to look like he is floating a little bit. I don't think he will be used that often in my renegades squad in games, but I am not playing many games lately. I may as well build interesting models! 


I started building another renegade sergeant as well. I'm thinking that I will take pictures of each step with this model to show how I do each step of my renegades. This model will have a bit of carapace armour and a hell gun.


I've also got another heavy stubber conversion I am planning to finish soon. I know the gun is ridiculously huge and would probably crush him. Maybe it is nice plasteel? The body and legs of this model are based off of a chaos marauder. Continuing my quest to use every plastic human in this squad (I kid, but I have been building them from many different kits).

More to come soon. My current busy work contract ends in a week and my productivity should drastically increase after that (even if my overall life productivity decreases). I have some big ideas for some projects I am planning to work on in the next little while.

7 comments:

  1. I think the problem with the chains is they are too big - have you got anything smaller - like a fine jewellers chain?

    Otherwise, he looks great. I love your kitbashing/greenstuffing constructions - they are awesome conversions.

    Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I don't have anything smaller just now. I think I will be equally happy with a good tabard so I am planning to just replace these. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a chain mail tabard so you can keep the chained look

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if I am good enough to sculpt chains. It is something I have been meaning to try. A few tubes and a cloth tabard would still fit nicely with the rest of the force.

      Delete
  3. I think the rings look fine in my opinion, they just stand out because they are a different colour. The conversion looks awesome very calmly menaceing. Also the deathsquads sight is not working for me when I went to join the exchange is it just cause I am in turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean, for some reason your post disappeared... Maybe you removed it. The DS site is working. Still a few days if you want to sign up for the exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to disagree, the chains look great; big, buy hey, that's chaos! I think this sorcerer is going to be one of my favorite models you've done so far. Put a skull or some wire frame energy crackles in his hand and he would be beyond killer..

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...