Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Demolition Expert diorama almost complete!

At long last my prisoner is nearly complete. I added a light drybrush to the wood and realized that there are only finishing details left to do. All I need is a bit of airbrushed black on the base (to repair damage from when I masked the base) and add some rust to the metal on the base itself.




The expert has rigged a small bundle of TNT to a trip wire. Now he is having a drink.

I still have a few more finishing details to add to the base. Once everything is finished and Mordheimer has received his prisoner then I will post some final pictures here. It has been a long journey, but I am really pleased with how the model has turned out so far. I just hope I don't mess up the varnishing or anything!

At one point this is how it looked.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be really interested how you made the 'Comrade Boris' sign as well as the plinth itself. Its come a log way and it looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Poppa Fresh:

    I made the label by downloading a russian font from dafont.com. I then printed it on paper in different sizes and selected the best size. I glued it to the base with white glue and then varnished it with brush on gloss varnish. I then weathered it using devlan mud, gryphonne sepia, and ogryn flesh wash.

    The plinth is just a spray paint lid with a 60mm wide round base wedged into the bottom for support. The actual ground level on the base I made using a thin piece of cork with a round base size hole cut out of it. I then glued lots of stuff onto it before painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He turned out looking awesome...

    And that's a brilliant use for an old spray paint lid.

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...