Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prisoner conversion update

I've finished a bit more of the sculpting and converting for my prisoner. I was away for a few weeks due to a family commitment (hence the lack of posts). I am back now though and should continue with regular content.

This conversion will maybe be the most complex sculpting I have done. Mostly just because I find cloth fairly challenging and I am trying to build up detail through multiple layers. When finished the model will have a fur lined greatcoat, a gas mask, and a fur hat. Nothing crazy, but definitely challenging.

The first step was to make the basic shape of the greatcoat over the legs and torso.

After that I added the belt and fur collar a day later.

I started on the mark by filling most of the detail off the head. I then made two flat circles, let it set, and then made the outside of the lens.

I then sculpted the mask once it had set. Once this is hardened I will add a fur hat on the top and a pewter cable at the bottom.

I also added a little more detail to the traps.

I still have a fair bit of detail (and arms!) to add. I need to finish this model quickly, so expect to see the finished conversion up here soon. Welcome to gubnutz, brovatar, Marcin, and tony. 


2 comments:

  1. Weren't you supposed to be finished yesterday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhhh. Yes. I had to leave town for a few weeks, so I am behind...

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...