Friday, June 15, 2012

Noir Chapel Gang: Seamus and Corpse Counters

I've finally gotten around to painting some of my Red Chapel Gang for Malifaux. Seamus is finished (for now). The theme with this gang is that I want to paint them in an almost noir style, like Sin City. The only true colour on the models will be the graphic red highlights on the cloth and the red blood. I ended up highlighting the black with blue, so that did end up adding a lot more colour to the model than I had intended. It was a good exercise in blending, and I am moderately pleased with the result. It is not what I had intended, but it will be fine as a tabletop model.




Here are a few more pictures of the infamous Seamus:




Although the blue spoils the black and white effect a bit, I am really pleased with the blending on the top hat and coat. It is not perfect, but I think it gives a nice overall effect.

In Malifaux, resurrectionists like Seamus can raise the dead. These counters show where a model has died.


You can see the other members of the gang in their unpainted state here.

There is a local Malifaux mini-league starting up next week so I am hoping to finish the other four models in the starting gang soon. Comments and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. He looks awesome. I think I am going to order a Victorias' gang next week and hope when they arrive to paint them in a true grey-scale although that will mean buying a whole bunch more grey paint. The blue does a great job of bringing out the highlights though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys.

    Sean- I did have them almost entirely in grey scale before. It is definitely possible. It is just a question of getting good formulas and a result you are happy with. I didn't really intend for the model to look so blue, but it definitely looks more interesting than when it was more grey. If you get a gang and want to paint some greys when you are in Vancouver you are welcome to sample my new collection of grey paints (I now have 8 I think).

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...