Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Airbrushed Imperial Fist Terminator

I tried using my airbrush to paint an Imperial Fist terminator. I used the airbrush to do most of the shading and highlighting on the armour. Everything that is not yellow was painted by hand using conventional techniques.

Tomorrow I am going to put up a tutorial showing the airbrushing step-by-step. Painting yellow always has some challenges, but the colours I used made this one pretty forgiving. Check back tomorrow for this tutorial.

The yellow armour was entirely airbrushed except for a few line highlights and a light wash between the fingers.

A whole army painted like this would look pretty striking on the table.

I airbrushed some dirt over the decal to get it to blend in.

If you look closely you can see the line highlights on the face.


Check back tomorrow when I will post up a short tutorial showing how I painted the yellow armour, step by step. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. What? Marine Terminators I didn't even realize this was your blog initially since it wasn't orks or Chaos. The painting looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahahaha. I do have a bit of a problem with orks and chaos... Really, these test models are just practice for airbrushing a chaos model. I realized today that I hadn't painted a loyalist model since I was thirteen.

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...