Tuesday, March 26, 2013

15mm Fences

This week I built and painted some fences for Flames of War. I recently purchased a Citadel Battlemat, so I decided to build some scenery to fill it up. These fences are built using matchsticks, thin balsa wood, and tongue depressors (large popsicle sticks). In total there are about 6 feet (a little under 2m) of fencing. The bases were flocked with Army Painter Green static grass, Woodland Scenics clump foliage, burnt grass and a yellow static grass. I also added Army Painter winter grass clumps and flowers.



At one point I had 17 sections in total. Unfortunately they all blew off of my patio during a wind storm. Many of them were damaged and soggy from the wet weather. Now, 12 sections are completed and intact.


With some Open Fire paratroopers for scale.



Finally, here is a picture of my table and terrain so far. I finished up a few pieces at the same time. Check back in the next few days for posts on the hills, forests, and train tracks. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Shame about that wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter. It is kind of funny now but I was pretty annoyed at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great - and dead simple to do by the looks of it too!

    How are light fences like thhis treated rules-wise? Do they count as a linear obstacle (not much of an obstacle to anthing) or are they more decorative?

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...