In this post I will share a few pictures of a Stug I recently painted for Flames of War. The model itself is from the Open Fire box set. I painted it using the airbrush and oil washes. Not too much else to say about it, lets get on to some pictures.
The Open Fire model went together alright. The shurzen and tracks are connected, so they are a bit hard to align perfectly. Otherwise, the model was quick and easy to assemble. It is slightly chunkier and wider than the resin models.
I did some colour modulation on the model. I airbrushed shadows and highlights. I did the camouflage freehand with the airbrush. I was going for a bit of a more muted camo pattern. I used a light oil wash to filter the colours and tie it together and then used a pin wash to darken the panel lines. Oil paints are really nice as you can pull the paint down to create streaks on the sides.
The model is a little shiny as I had not dull coated it before taking pictures.
Sorry for the long absence from blogging. Other hobbies (cycling), injuries, and work got in the way of too much painting progress. I do have a bunch of models that are finished to show on here soon. Thanks for visiting.