These models are pretty nice but were a bit irritating to assemble. All of the parts went together very nicely except the cover on top of the truck bed. The resin cast was warped on both models with a curve that stopped it from sitting flush. I used putty and liquid greenstuff to repair it but the gap was still a little visible. It is only a little noticeable in the final model as you can see that things are not perfectly aligned in the final model. As it is such a thick resin piece there was not too much I could do about it. On the other hand, the wheels and top were very easy to assemble and fit quite nicely.
|You can see the gaps.|
|Picture from http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/802/linkcmpmme.jpg.|
I haven't totally finished these models as I still need to add the unit serial number, a 63 on green background, to the front and back of the models. I've ordered them and I am just waiting for them to arrive.
I experimented a bit with using some pigments on the wheels. I also used my Tamiya weathering master to add some dust. I have a few other weathering products on order that I will use to try a few other effects in the near future.
|You can see a little of the crew.|
I hope you enjoyed these models. I really enjoyed painting them. I am have pictures of what I did for the camouflage and I am planning to write a short blog on how I painted it. I also have the pictures for a short tutorial on how I have been basing this force. Thanks for visiting.