Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hills and fortifications

I've built and completed two hills for use in 28mm and 15mm games. Shockingly, these are actually the first hills I have built since I was 13 or so. I think I had some tiered styrofoam hills I painted green. These hills are a little better. The small hill is styrofoam based on an Open Fire cardboard woods. The large hill is pink foam based on some hardboard. Both were cut to shape, covered with PVA and ballast, painted and flocked.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

15mm Fences

This week I built and painted some fences for Flames of War. I recently purchased a Citadel Battlemat, so I decided to build some scenery to fill it up. These fences are built using matchsticks, thin balsa wood, and tongue depressors (large popsicle sticks). In total there are about 6 feet (a little under 2m) of fencing. The bases were flocked with Army Painter Green static grass, Woodland Scenics clump foliage, burnt grass and a yellow static grass. I also added Army Painter winter grass clumps and flowers.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Painted Wirbelwinds

Just a quick post to show some completed Wirbelwinds. These models were painted for a commission. The client requested just a basic paint job and didn't want any decals or weathering. The models are Battlefront's Wirbelwinds. Assembly and painting were fairly straightforward. Some of the parts are a bit fiddly (like the back fenders) but there wasn't too much flash to clean up. I painted the guns separately  The crew are molded into the turret. I painted the crew heads on the metal sprues and then glued them on after.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Tutorial: German disc camouflage 1

In this tutorial I will show two different methods I used to try and paint German "disc" camouflage from WW2. For these two methods I used a 1/8" hole punch to create a stencil for painting the camouflage pattern. Tomorrow I will post another method for painting the disc camouflage using dots as stencils and creating a pattern of dots to spray over existing soft edged camouflage.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tutorial: "Corn Chip" German Camouflage

In this article I will show you how I did a quick test of the "corn chip" camouflage shown on the Flames of War website. I hadn't realized until after I had done it that this was an attempt to recreate "disc" camouflage.

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...