Wednesday, April 23, 2014


Like the Heavy mortars and Firefly, I painted this platoon quickly for Gottacon in March. A player in my gaming group was wanting an anti-aircraft platoon for his list so I quickly painted up the Mobelwagen platoon I had been meaning to paint. I experimented with some the AK Interactive dunkelgelb set for this platoon.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tutorial: Painting Winter Whitewash Camouflage

Over the last few months I have had lots of people comment on the models I have posted in winter white wash camouflage. My method for painting it is not unique but I thought I would post it here in a step-by-step tutorial. The technique I have used if often referred to as the “hairspray method”. The only change I have made is how I use the airbrush to add a bit of panel highlighting to the hairspray method. 

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Winter King Tiger

In addition to the Desperate King Tiger I posted last week, I also painted a King Tiger in winter camouflage for the same commission. The client requested that this King Tiger be in Ambush camouflage with winter whitewash camouflage over top. It was a lot of fun to paint the ambush camouflage and I was quite interested to see how it looked with the winter whitewash over top. I was concerned it would look too busy but I think the end result turned out nicely.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review: 1/72 First to Fight TKS Tankette

In this post I will review the new Polish TKS Tankette in 1/72 scale by First to Fight miniatures. This tankette is a tiny little tank with a two man crew. It was used at the start of World War 2 in the defence of Poland from the German invasion. This model is made by the Polish company First to Fight and is made of hard plastic. In this article I will review the parts of the model, assembly and painting. This model was provided to me free of charge by First to Fight miniatures for the purpose of this review.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Desperate King Tiger

In this post I will show some pictures of a King Tiger I recently completed for a commission. The client requested the model be painted for a Desperate Measures list for Flames of War. He wanted a model that looked like it was cobbled together with some older parts and a new hull from the factory. I really enjoyed experimenting with some different techniques to paint this model.

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...