Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Me262

In this post I will share some pictures of an Me262 I painted as part of a commission. The model was painted with soft edged camouflage and a blue canopy. This model is a hard resin airplane model from Battlefront Miniatures.



This Me262 was part of a larger commission alongside the model I posted last week of Rudel in his Stuka. My apologies that the pictures are not as good as usual. I took the photos on my cell phone as I did not have my camera available at the time.

You can see the other two Me262s I have painted here and my tutorial on painting hard edged Me262 camouflage here. For this model I painted it in a soft edged camouflage pattern. I sprayed the underside with light grey and then added a darker base colour and the camouflage on top. I sprayed the camouflage free hand with the airbrush.

The Me262 model is probably my favourite Battlefront airplane model to paint. The bulky details and solid model make for a nice and clean cast with little cleanup or assembly needed. The hard, dark resin takes paint quite well but is really difficult to clean up. Luckily this model had few mold lines or issues that needed to be repaired.


Thanks for visiting. Check back soon for some year in review and goals posts as well as some exciting new Jagdtigers!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful paint job. I'm quite a fan of this plane, I didn't realize battlefront had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. It is definitely my favourite of the Battlefront plane models (that I have assembled and painted so far).

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Really great job Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it. I've got to get more done for the 6MMRPC!

      Delete
  3. I'll just let you guess what I'm likely to comment about a 262...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Something about sexy and favorite plane. :-)

      Delete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...