I couldn't find my camera memory card when I went to photograph this model. Sadly, my camera is so old that the new memory cards won't work in it. It might be time for an upgrade. Fortunately I recently got a new cell phone and used the opportunity to try out the camera. The pictures turned out alright, but have more shadows and slightly different colouration from the ones I get with my normal camera.
|I did some photoshop to remove a certain symbol on the back of the plane.|
I painted the models to match the painted example on the Battlefront website. The decals for the V on the wing was a bit flimsy for fitting around the wing so I masked and airbrushed all of the yellow parts. It is a nice looking model and the yellow details for Rudel are quite striking. I painted the canopies with blue highlights. The effect is not as realistic but does add some nice colour for on the tabletop. The camouflage on the wings was painted with the same colours (I think) and techniques as in my Me262 tutorial. It's great when I can look back at my own tutorials when painting a model.
As usual, I took a few atmospheric photographs with my "Normandy" background. I think the phone camera does a better job on this background. I want to find some larger backgrounds to add to my game table for taking photos during games.
After a long hiatus it's nice to get back into painting and finish some models. I've got another 3 planes to show over the next few weeks. I'm also working on some interesting Jagdtigers and some infantry for my Panzergrenadiers. I have two weeks off work so I will hopefully get some more painting done over the break. Thanks for visiting!