Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Six Month Mountain Reduction Painting Challenge Part 2

The new Six Month Mountain Reduction Painting Challenge is here. After some thinking, I have decided to join the challenge again this year. The 6MMRPC is a challenge to reduce your painting backlog by painting, posting, and not purchasing new models! In this post I will compile a list of my goals for the challenge.


You can see my posts from the last 6MMRPC here:

This year there have been a few changes to the challenge. You can check out the rules for the 6MMRPC on the Spiderweb of History. Individual purchases to complete a project/army are exempt from the no purchases rule. You can earn extra jokers by completing a project. Finally, the hosts of the challenge are kindly creating a painting contest for the participants.

Last year I really enjoyed the 6MMRPC. It helped me to refrain from buying many models. I reduced my overall backlog. The challenge also spurred me on to create a twitter account and start regularly posting on it. I also managed to get my panzergrenadiers to a playable state.

But enough about last year! Let’s move on to my goals for this challenge.

Late War Panzergrenadiers
I’ve been enjoying playing games with my Normandy panzergrenadier list. I have just a few more models I want to complete for my Late War Panzergrenadiers to make them work for a Fortress Italy list. I’d like to have a list ready for Attack-X in September. I really only need to paint the 8-rads, but I have a few more I would like to complete as well to make my Ultimate List of Doom ™.

2 8-rads
2

4 Stuh42s
4

4 Stuh42s
4

1 Stuka
1

3 Panzerschreck bases
3

2 250 half-tracks
2

Kubelwagen
1

Display base


 
A Draxian (tm) paint chart for my Fortress Italy Late War panzergrenadiers.
Mid-War Panzergrenadiers
I’d secretly like to play some more Mid-War. I figure that mounted assault should work better in Mid-War than Late War. I also get the chance to field Marders and StuH42s in the same list. And no, I am not painting 10 more half-tracks as 251/1 Cs to be more Mid-War accurate…

4 Marders
4

3 Pak 40s + command
4


The same but different.

Commission
I have a new larger commission that is Part 2 of the Kampfgruppe Peiper Commission I did last year. I have a fair bit of painting to complete over the next month to complete this.

7 Panzer IV
7

1 Bergepanzer
1

1 251/1 half-track
1

1 command base
1

Nebelwerfer platoon
5


Well, that list is a bit bigger than I had anticipated! I have 16 models to finish before Attack-X if I am going to have my planned company ready to go. Luckily I can always substitute in Panzer IVs if I don’t finish the StuHs in time. That is 40 models on my goal list for the next 6 months. That would be right around my average painting rate. Thanks for visiting!

Here are a few of my favourite other Flames of War blogs doing the challenge:
Admiral Drax and his Draxian charts
Dai's Lost Damned and the Stunted
The Mad Tin Hatter

23 comments:

  1. Hang on a sec.... No more buying models?! Alert the press "Stores in tough Predicament" reads the headline.

    On a different note.....GW finally released mechanicus and I love it. So sorry, had to start a new army (although technically its two right now??? not sure about that)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and gorgeous stuff by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks Phil. The mechanics look very nice. Can they mix with imperial knights?

      Delete
  3. Those base's are an inspiration I have tried on a number of times to create that look for an East Prussia 1945 type game but have never succeeded . Thanks for posting .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks furphy. I am pleased with how they came out.

      Delete
  4. Glad your in! Your work is always an inspiration and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress (even if they are the damn Hun)!

    Plus, misery shared... And all that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the challenge will help me reduce the mountain a bit. I like seeing everyone's progress updates. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Sounds very good, Cameron. And I think the figures and their bases are wonderful. Really excellent and consistent, thematically. Wonderful work, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! I always admire the wonderful bases on your models. I especially like your ww1 bases.

      Delete
  6. Your bases just look so friggin awesome...like micro diorama's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. That was the plan! FoW bases have lots of space on them for little scenes.

      Delete
  7. Now it's official. :)

    Looking forward to seeing these new toys getting proper attention mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, lots of painting to do!

      Delete
  8. Sound like a plan... I'd be interested though would probably fail at the 'dont purchase any new models' bit!
    I'm going to have to check out those Fortress Italy lists...like the idea of fielding that many StuHs with PGs too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the stuhs too. I somehow doubt my opponents will though... Not buying new stuff for a few months can be nice. You should join up!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a good plan Cam! It's almost like someone played you with StuHs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I had them on order before that but it cemented the idea for me. They were pretty nasty.

      Delete
  10. Glad you're back in for this round man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am glad too. Should be fun :-)

      Delete
  11. Excellent job, bases are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...