Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Malifaux: Brass Arachnid

I painted up an Arcanist Brass Arachnid for Ramos' crew in Malifaux. This model joins the steam arachnids I shared last week in my progress for the crew. The model is from Wyrd's M & SU plastic crew box. This model is wonderfully detailed and was great fun to paint. In this post I will share some pictures of the completed Brass Arachnid model and some more scrap markers.





Ooh, blue background...

This model was a lot of fun to paint. I painted the main body by airbrushing Vallejo Game Colour Falcon Turquoise (and a shade and highlight). I then painted the legs and other details. The brass arachnid name seems to suggest the model should be entirely brass. I spent a lot of time trying to find an acceptable brass colour. Next time I paint brass I'll take some step by step pictures to make a small tutorial.



I had fun working on the flame/steam areas on the model. I worked the colour from white up to P3 Coal Black with Falcon Turquoise in between. It was good practice for some other flame details on the other parts of the crew.



The only issue with this model was basing it. I tried putting the model on a base while the glue was not fully set. I couldn't figure out a way to get it to cleanly fit on the required 30mm base with at least 3-4 contact points. It seems like you need to pose it rearing up to make it fit. Instead, I ended up gluing it onto an old chimney from a Warhammer plastic kit.


I also painted another 5 scrap markers while painting this model. Like in the previous post, these are made from a mix of bits, plasticard, and watch pieces. I painted the metals like the other metals on the steam arachnids and brass arachnid.


That's all for today's post. I hope you have been enjoying this diversion into Malifaux. Up next, Howard Langston and Joss are both nearing completion. I'm just having some problems changing my skin tone recipe for larger scale models. Check back next week for more models from the Ramos starter set. Comments and constructive criticism are appreciated as always. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. These are looking very good, Awesome job, Your inspiring me to do something with the Malifaux I bought months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. Some of these malifaux plastic models are really great!

      Delete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...