A few months back I posted some pictures of a captured KV-1 I painted in German mid-war colours. Last spring I purchased 8 KV-1s and KV-2s from Zvezda. The idea was to paint them and sell them. That didn’t really happen though. It is all working out though as the models are giving me a chance to try lots of different things. I painted these two KV-1s in a classic Russian green colour to fit with any Soviet company that can take them. I used colour modulation and panel highlighting with the airbrush to paint them with a lot of contrast.
Monday, March 16, 2015
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Before Gottacon I was feverishly painting to finish this platoon. I finally completed them at 11:30pm the night before the tournament. The biggest challenge with this platoon was to take my time to paint them to the same quality as the rest of the infantry as it was quite tempting to rush them to finish in time. Until the final evening I wasn’t sure if I would actually finish them on time. Fortunately, they were completed in time for the tournament. Read on for more pictures of this platoon.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
The end of February saw the conclusion of the Six Month Mountain Reduction Painting Challenge. I met some of my goals and not others. I reduced the old lead (well, plastic, metal and resin) mountain and minimized my new purchases. I followed some new blogs and got some significant painting done. Read on after the jump for some pictures of the finished models and a summary of the challenge.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
This weekend was the Gottacon gaming convention in sunny Victoria, BC, Canada. I attended to play in the Flames of War tournament. Gottacon is a fairly large and diverse convention that has grown out of a very small local event. I won’t talk about the full breadth of the convention here. I’ll share my games and experiences from the Flames of War tournament.