Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Malifaux Vintage Rasputina

Hello. Sorry the blog has been a little quiet lately. The writing has been slow but there has still been painting happening. I painted some models for Wyrd's Rotten Harvest painting competition that I couldn't share until after the competition. I painted vintage Rasputina for the "Wizards and Warlocks" category.



This model is really superb and was a joy to paint. Lots of really cool surfaces to add some detail.

I had a small disaster with this model. I painted it just before the deadline and the model frosted when I varnished it with my trusty Testors Dull Cote. Luckily I was able to save it with a quick blast of gloss followed by matte. That's why the final image is a little glossy.

Hope you like the model. It would be great to hear your thoughts. I've been missing the blogging community interaction lately. Hope everyone is doing well.


4 comments:

  1. I changed the blog template back. The fancy one didn't seem to be working with articles and viewing everything.

    Anyone else finding features not working in blogger? I'm wondering if it is getting phased out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. i have her and know how petite she is o_O That is nice work. I am slowly giving up on 28 mm and moving to bigger pastures :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks zab. She is a really nice model to assemble and paint.

      Delete
  3. Stunning. I'd like to think that one day I could do this sort of thing, but I'll stick to muddy trucks instead! :D

    ReplyDelete

More from Rust and the City:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...